Mount Slesse Middle is the home of 780 students from grades 6 to 8 (ages 10 - 14). The school is based on the middle school philosophy which focuses on the unique needs of early adolescents and supports these diverse and energetic students as they learn and move through the many challenges of their intellectual, social, emotional and physical development.
We do this by developing a caring and nurturing environment for our students.
The school follows the renaissance model where teams of teachers work on all of their academic core subjects and PHE:
- Social Studies
- Physical and Health Education
and several exploratory subjects including Art, Drama, Band, Computers, Technology Education, Foods, and French.
Our school also provided numerous clubs and activities with which students can get involved. Subjects can include:
- Leadership - for students who take an active role in the school
- Computer Graphics - animation, graphical design
- Technology - electronics, production, structures
- Yearbook - production of the annual yearbook for students by students
It is our staff and students who make Mount Slesse Middle School a special place to be. We are eager to welcome you to become a part of our school.
For more information, visit the Chilliwack School District International Students website